At CrowdGig we provide an online platform that connects organizations and a global talent pool. Our platform enables organizations to get help from talented participants on a project-by-project basis and enables individual participants the opportunity to offer their talents on projects on a voluntary basis.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
CrowdGig collects personal information from Website Users and Participants as described below. Personal Information We Collect from You Directly. We may collect the following personal information provided by Participants and Website Users:
- Profile/Demographic Information:
This type of information may include: name, address, phone number, email address, age range, country of birth, education level, gender, languages spoken, accent, household income. We may also collect sensitive personal information such as information about your national origin, ethnicity, and skin tone (based on Fitzpatrick Scale). And we may also request optional information about Participant’s physical appearance and characteristics, such as their eyebrow shape, interpapillary distance, etc. Please note that this information is primarily collected from Participants during the registration process.
- Uploaded Content:
In some instances a job may require that Participants capture and upload information about themselves including their opinions, photographs, videos, audio recordings, or other information about themselves. If combined with identifying information, these photos may reveal physical characteristics (e.g., skin tone, disability status, etc.) that constitute personal information. Please note that this information is only collected from Participants who have chosen to participate in a specific project requesting this type of information.
- Biometric information collection:
While CrowdGig does not generally collect “biometric information,” the content Participants choose to upload could include photographs, videos, audio recordings and other information about their physiological attributes, which may qualify as such under current or future biometric privacy laws applicable in your jurisdiction. By uploading information about yourself, including photographs, videos, audio recordings, or other information about your physiological attributes, you consent to the collection, use and storage of this information in accordance with this policy. Furthermore, you consent that this potential biometric information may be shared with Business Customers in accordance with this policy and any specific notices provided at the time such information is collected.
- Participants and Website Users:
Communications with Us. We may collect personal information such as personal contact information when a Website User or Participant communicates with us.
Personal information we collect automatically:
- Automatic Collection of Personal Information. We may collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, browser or device information, location information (including approximate location derived from IP address), and Internet service provider. We may also automatically collect information regarding your use of our Services, such as pages that you visit before, during and after using our Services, information about the links you click, the types of content you interact with, the frequency and duration of your activities, and other information about how you use our Services.
Cookies are small text files placed in device browsers that store preferences and facilitate and enhance your experience.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons:
A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in our Services that collects information about engagement on our Services. The use of a pixel tag allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement. We may also include web beacons in e-mails to understand whether messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
- Operationally Necessary”
This includes Technologies that allow you access to our Services, applications, and tools that are required to identify irregular website behavior, prevent fraudulent activity, improve security, or allow you to make use of our functionality;
We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how individuals use our Services (see Analytics below);
We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Services. This may include identifying you when you sign into our Services or keeping track of your specified preferences, interests, or past items viewed;
- Advertising- or Targeting-Related:
We may use first party or third-party Technologies to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Services or on third-party digital properties. Some of the advertising Technologies we use include:
See “Your Privacy Choices and Rights” below to understand your choices regarding these Technologies.
Analytics. We may use Technologies and other third-party tools to process analytics information on our Services. These Technologies allow us to better understand how our digital Services are used and to continually improve and personalize our Services. Some of our analytics partners include:
- LinkedIn Analytics:
- Hotjar (Session Replay Analytics):
- To assess your suitability, aptitude, skills, and qualifications for participating in jobs listed by CrowdGig;
- To communicate with you about information you provided during registration;
- Workflow management, including assigning, managing and administering jobs;
- Compensation for completing a job or referring another Participant;
- To fulfill the requirements of a Business Customers’ job that you choose to participate in;
- To pursue our legitimate interests (for example, fraud prevention, network and information security, disclosure to affiliated organizations for administrative tasks, Participant monitoring for safety or management, whistleblowing schemes, enforcement of legal claims, and research purposes);
- Job grading activities;
- Helpdesk and IT support services;
- Internal and/or external or governmental compliance investigations;
- Internal or external audits;
- Where it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Restructuring and relocation;
- Participant safety;
- To comply with our legal obligations;
- Acquisitions, divestitures, and integrations; and
- As you otherwise agree or consent.
- To Our Business Customers:
All jobs posted by CrowdGig are sponsored, provided, designed, and funded by our business Customers (“Business Customers”). Accordingly, we must share Participant’s information with our Business Customers. In many instances we are able to deidentify Participant’s personal information prior to sharing; however, there may be instances in which true deidentification is infeasible. Furthermore, there may be limited instances in which a Business Customer needs access to Participant’s information in identifiable form. Participants may receive additional disclosures about how their personal information will be processed during the job registration process.
- To Vendors and Service Providers:
CrowdGig may share any information we receive from Website Users and Participants with our vendors and service providers. The types of service providers to whom we entrust personal information include service providers for: (i) distributing compensation for completed jobs; (ii) fraud prevention; (iii) providing marketing and advertising services, and (iv) the provision of IT and related services.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others:
We may access, preserve, and disclose personal information from Website Users and Participants if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal processes, such as court orders or subpoenas; (ii) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iii) enforce our policies or contracts; (iv) collect amounts owed to us; or (v) assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers:
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another entity, information collected from Website Users and Participants may be transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract.
- Access to and portability of your personal information, including:
(i) Confirming whether we are processing your personal information;
(ii) obtaining access to or a copy of your personal information;
(iii) receiving an electronic copy of personal information that you have provided to us, or asking us to send that information to another company (the “right of data portability”);
- Request correction of your personal information:
Where it is inaccurate or incomplete. In some cases, we may provide self-service tools that enable you to update your personal information, or we may refer you to the controller of your personal information who is able to make the correction;
- Request deletion of your personal information:
Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law; and
- Request restriction of or object to our processing of your personal information:
Including the right to (i) withdraw your consent to processing, (ii) object to, or restrict, processing of your sensitive personal information for certain purposes, (iii) opt out of “sales” or “sharing” for cross-contextual advertising, or (iv) opt out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning you, if applicable, where each such requests are permitted by law.